Club Carlson had a great deal if you had the credit card. They have eliminated the perk, but the deal was I used for many of the hotel nights on this trip as follows:
- Raddison Blu downtown Dubai - free credit card night
- Phuket, Thailand - 5 nights, 2 on points, one paid night and then 2 more with points.
- Bangkok, Thailand - 7 nights - 6 on points one paid night.
The other nights on this trip using points and credit cards was:
- Holiday Inn Resort - 5,000 points a night (you can regularly buy 5,000 points for $35) at a beautiful 4 star resort. Yes, internationally Holiday Inns can be very good.
- Intercontinental Hong Kong (one of the best hotels in Hong Kong)- 1 night on a credit card free night, one night on points and 2 free nights from a promotion they had.
- Both Holiday Inn and Intercontinental are part of IHG and all of these deals would still work.
- Four nights in Bali at an over the top splurge in a private villa. The 4th night was free by using my Citi Prestige Card.